Appeal against a Parking Charge Notice (PCN).
In the event that you wish to pursue an appeal, you must do so, in writing or via email, within 28 days of issue of the Parking Charge Notice noting the conditions set down below. Please ensure your appeal contains the following information or we will be unable to process it:
- Your PCN number
- Your name & full postal address including postcode
- Your contact telephone number & email address if relevant Your vehicle registration number
- The date of the contravention
- Any copies of evidence you have to support your appeal
Your Appeal will be unsuccessful if you fail to provide us with all the above Information. Appeals must be made in writing to the address shown on the Parking Charge Notice (PCN).
Please clearly state your reason(s) for the appeal, and detail any other information you feel is relevant. This must be done within 28 days of the date of the PCN issue date. Our Appeals Department will respond in writing or by email within 28 days with a decision. If your appeal was received within the discount payment period i.e. (within 14 days of the PCN issue date), the opportunity to pay the reduced charge will be extended after a decision has been informed.
Appeals WILL NOT be considered for the following reasons:
1. Your Ticket/Permit Fell Down/Was blown of the dashboard/On the seat
2. Your Ticket/Permit was not displayed clearly, face-up on the dashboard of your vehicle
3. You forgot to display your Ticket/Permit
4. You went to get some change
5. You did not know it was a restricted car park / private land
6. You were only a few minutes overdue
7. You only stopped for a few minutes
8. You have only just purchased the car and have not had time to get a Permit
9. Your Permit application is in the post
10. You could not find anywhere else to park
11. You thought you were correctly parked, but made a mistake